The Institute for Essential Services Reform (IeSR) (www.iesr-indonesia.org), a small but powerful Non Governmental Organization working on energy, electricity and climate change issues, based in Jakarta, is looking for dynamic and vibrant young people to fill up these positions to work with our team in Jakarta.
1. Extractive Industries Program Officer
She/He will responsible to assist the implementation of extractive industries program in the institute together with the program coordinator. Main tasks including: assisting the implementation of research activities, management of activities, writing reports, papers proposals and to develop IESR’s extractive industries program activities. Responsibilities would also include building partnership and networking with civil society organization.
2. Climate and Energy Program Officer
She/He will responsible to assist the implementation of the energy and climate change program in the institute together with the program coordinator. Main tasks including: assisting the implementation of research activities, management of activities, writing report, papers and proposals, and to develop IESR’s energy and climate program activities. Responsibilities would also include building partnership and networking with civil society organization.
Key requirements are:
- Having a strong passion to work in the non-governmental sector and want to learn people’s struggle;
- Honest, brave, creative, and smart;
- University graduate, preferably in engineering, economics (development study), law or equivalent works experience., advanced degree will be an advantage;
- Having basic understanding on the energy and climate change issues will be an advantage;
- Excellent skill to carry out research and writing;
- Active English will be advantage;
- At least 1 year experience working in public or non-governmental organization (NGOs);
- Able to work in independent and in the team;
- Willing to travel and working with community.
Interested applicants are invited to send a written application consisting of: (1) Application letters, (2) Curriculum Vitae (CV) and, (3) a short essay (600 – 1000 words) on any topic related to the issue of selected position (energy, climate change, and/or extractive industries).
Application must be received before July 17th, 2009, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org please write in the subject line: Application for Climate and Energy Program Officer and/or Extractive Industries Program Officer.
Please note: IESR will screen applications as they come in and may invite interesting candidates before the closing date
Successful candidate will be offered minimum 2 years contract and receive take home pay around Rp. 2.5-3.5 million, plus medical insurance and other benefits.